So, yeah. Thank you, Hillary Clinton, for doing such a FANTASTIC marketing job for our cause. Your brash, reckless, and out-of-control personality is the best thing that could've happened for us this year.
With this in mind, the thought arises: What is the Alt-Right? It came to my mind that at the beginning of June, we simply didn't have a definition. Naturally, for my answer, I turned to Vox Day, who is at the forefront of Alt-Right issues. I poured through various fascinating articles that I've read where he seemed to touch on the topic:
The Only Serious Candidate September 15, 2015
An r/K Theory of War January 8, 2016
We Are the Spectre March 30, 2016
Alt-Tech and Alt-Society April 12, 2016
All Ur Base No Longer Belongs 2 U May 1, 2016
You Can't Shame the Alt Right May 10, 2016
The #MilRight is Inevitable May 26, 2016
Fascinating articles, all of them. I recommend you visit/re-visit them for some good reading.
However, the most notable discussion by Day was most recently, in an August 24th post, simply titled, What the Alt Right Is. Up to this point, it has had a lot of reaction from both The Dread Ilk that follow Day, as well as his critics. I think his attempt to grasp the Alt-Right is the most comprehensive thus far:
1.The Alt Right is of the political right in both the American and the European sense of the term. Socialists are not Alt Right. Progressives are not Alt Right. Liberals are not Alt Right. Communists, Marxists, Marxians, cultural Marxists, and neocons are not Alt Right.
2. The Alt Right is an ALTERNATIVE to the mainstream conservative movement in the USA that is nominally encapsulated by Russel Kirk's 10 Conservative Principles, but in reality has devolved towards progressivism. It is also an alternative to libertarianism.
3. The Alt Right is not a defensive attitude and rejects the concept of noble and principled defeat. It is a forward-thinking philosophy of offense, in every sense of that term. The Alt Right believes in victory through persistence and remaining in harmony with science, reality, cultural tradition, and the lessons of history.
4. The Alt Right believes Western civilization is the pinnacle of human achievement and supports its three foundational pillars: Christianity, the European nations, and the Graeco-Roman legacy.
5. The Alt Right is openly and avowedly nationalist. It supports all nationalisms and the right of all nations to exist, homogeneous and unadulterated by foreign invasion and immigration.
6. The Alt Right is anti-globalist. It opposes all groups who work for globalist ideals or globalist objectives.
7. The Alt Right is anti-equalitarian. It rejects the idea of equality for the same reason it rejects the ideas of unicorns and leprechauns, noting that human equality does not exist in any observable scientific, legal, material, intellectual, sexual, or spiritual form.
8. The Alt Right is scientodific. It presumptively accepts the current conclusions of the scientific method (scientody), while understanding a) these conclusions are liable to future revision, b) that scientistry is susceptible to corruption, and c) that the so-called scientific consensus is not based on scientody, but democracy, and is therefore intrinsically unscientific.
9. The Alt Right believes identity > culture > politics.
10. The Alt Right is opposed to the rule or domination of any native ethnic group by another, particularly in the sovereign homelands of the dominated peoples. The Alt Right is opposed to any non-native ethnic group obtaining excessive influence in any society through nepotism, tribalism, or any other means.
11. The Alt Right understands that diversity + proximity = war.
12. The Alt Right doesn't care what you think of it.
13. The Alt Right rejects international free trade and the free movement of peoples that free trade requires. The benefits of intranational free trade is not evidence for the benefits of international free trade.
14. The Alt Right believes we must secure the existence of white people and a future for white children.
15. The Alt Right does not believe in the general supremacy of any race, nation, people, or sub-species. Every race, nation, people, and human sub-species has its own unique strengths and weaknesses, and possesses the sovereign right to dwell unmolested in the native culture it prefers.
16. The Alt Right is a philosophy that values peace among the various nations of the world and opposes wars to impose the values of one nation upon another as well as efforts to exterminate individual nations through war, genocide, immigration, or genetic assimilation.
Finally, the absolutely best and most up-to-date of the nature of the Alt-Right can be viewed in his recent interview with Stefan Molyneaux:
I hope that this post will be a good resource for fellow travelers who are exploring this topic.