Featured Post

The Kingdom of Católica America Series

Here is a list of all posts from The Kingdom of Católica America series.  Just follow the links.  There are more to come in the future, and ...

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Building Bridges for Monarchists in America!

The material below is basically a Facebook conversation I had with Charles Coulombe.  After tonight's discussion, I am hopeful that even greater optimism has been kindled in that dear chap's heart!  Our exchange began with the recommendation of a 2.5-year old article that basically discusses how younger minds are entertaining thoughts of monarchy after a 240-year failed test of Freemasonic republicanism.  It then touches a bit on Ann Barnhardt's thoughts on the matter, and finally, we finished up with a reference to Davis Aurini.  

God, bless us, everyone!

# # #

LH: Charles, this should be a fun read for you.

You know, I consider myself ahead of the curve on matters like this. I really think that in ten, twenty, or perhaps even thirty years, discussions about this will become quite mainstream.

However, I never would have latched onto the idea of monarchy as a superior form of government if it were not for you. For that, I say thanks. 

Geeks for Monarchy: The Rise of the Neoreactionaries

Here's the video that started it all for me:


Coulombe: Now I am scared!

LH: Wha? I'd never thought about the issue until I saw this! It was a good collection of thoughts on your part!

Coulombe: Just being funny - remember that I was a Comedian. Interesting article about a universe completely unknown to me. But it makes perfect sense. Take a bunch of highly functional people - products of an education technical rather than liberal (we have been careful not to teach history, literature, or civics) - and constantly tell them what they are not allowed to think while attempting to make them feel guilty for being who they are! Personally, I feel that culture/religion plays a far bigger part in formation of higher or lesser character traits - but even that would be too radical in to-day's climate.

LH: I am hoping that the ball is rolling when it comes to the idea of monarchy in this country. It seems far-fetched now. But I imagine that if things don't work out--that is, to say, if America becomes a balkanized continent of different tribes, as Pat Buchanan so frequently warns about--such a form of government as a monarchy (hopefully Catholic) will not be out of the question. You'll be interested to know, even Ann Barnhardt has pushed the idea. The idea is out there. The article I shared with you came from a Facebook page called Anarcho-Monarchism.

Coulombe: Yes, indeedy. Again, our masters have only themselves to blame, to be honest.

LH: From Barnhardt: "Democracy is a terrible system that rapidly devolves into the tyranny of the mob who then, without fail, install a tyrant. The founders of the now-dead American republic were quite open about this. Adams said, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” Yup. And the American republic didn’t even survive 240 years. The best system of government is a meritorious aristocracy that elects a monarch."

Coulombe: Interesting piece - of course, however Pope Francis feels about things, he isn't really able to change as much as he thinks - that was the lesson of the two Synods, which DID NOT go the way they were supposed to. I don't think her reading of the Pope is off the mark, though I do believe that the bottom of it all, HH does have the Faith of an Argentine immigrant - which is at constant war with his bad formation. And, of course, the writer's views on democracy are quite correct.

LH: Well, Barnhardt's views about Pope Francis aside (and they ARE fiery, I warn you), I was just wanting to point out the slowly growing acceptance of Monarchy. Online, at least, people toy with the idea. Even Davis M.J. Aurini toys with the idea. This guy is a Red Pill, MGTOW, Alt-Right vlogger! And yet, even a fellow like this considers monarchy.




Coulombe: This is REALLY good - he touches on a number of points I make in the book I am writing at the moment, and very cogently!

LH: Take heart! This phenomenon is growing!

Coulombe: I do! I shall! I think I'll post this, h/t you, and attempt to friend him on FB. The generational experience he describes is precisely what I saw among Xers and Millenials - and has made me ever more grateful for my father.

# # #

The rest of the conversation took place through private messages.  Let it be sufficed to say that we agreed that the truth of monarchy's supremacy will eventually assert itself, that the masculine role of being a father--fatherhood, priesthood, and kingship--is a quality that is sorely needed at this time, and that the best one can do during this civilizational crisis is to raise good, strong children amidst our society's modernist chaos.



No comments:

Post a Comment