Featured Post

The 2017 "Let Them Be For Signs" Series

I've decided to make this year's ongoing astronomical discussion an official series.  So, for your convenience, links to articles...

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

St. Nicholas Would Punch this Heretic in the Face


Uncertain as to what I ought to say about this man, I will let his own words condemn him.

"I believe, of course, that it's the Body and Blood of Christ, but you know, as Pope Francis said, communion is not a reward for the perfect.  It is medicine for the sick.  It is medicine for those who need it.   So, you know, you look at the Last Supper, I mean, were the disciples to whom Jesus gave communion all perfect?  Absolutely not.  I mean, he gave communion to Judas, for pete's sake.  So, I think we need to get away from this idea that you need to be perfect in order to approach the communion rail."


You must be in a state of grace to receive the Eucharist. Jesuit Fr. James Martin is wrong. If you receive the Eucharist in a state of sin--if you're "not perfect" and in a state of grace--then you eat to your own condemnation, and you are receiving the Eucharist unworthily.


Some priests "just don't believe all that bullshit." Apparently.

UPDATE:  Apparently, I'm not the only one shocked by this man's apathy towards the truth of Catholic teaching.  Even Vox Cantoris has taken note of this priest over at his blog.  I suppose Fr. James Martin is becoming one of the "power players" on the side of darkness that tears at the Church.  Keep an eye out for his crap, folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment