Featured Post

The "Rights of Englishmen" Series

This is a list of the posts from my "Rights of Englishmen" series, as well as some others: - The Rights of Englishmen Part 1:...

Friday, October 16, 2015

Eventual Government Clampdown on Internet Discourse

It's coming, folks.  You know this already, I hope.  The imminent destruction of this wonderful playground of dialect and rhetoric.  The wolves have surrounded the rabbit warren.  This incredible experiment in free thought is ending soon.  I wonder if we have ten years, even?  I hope I am wrong.  I don't think I am, though.

Aurini doesn't think this possibility is wrong, either.

He's taken the liberty this month of informing one and all that YouTube is planning to pull ad revenue from alternative voices--aka "anything other than liberal voices"--from YouTube contributors.

Davis Aurini 
And, you know, I don't think I need to tell you people that YouTube, Facebook--these large conglomerations--these are a little bit more than just private companies. Okay? These are archivalists. These are librarians by the very nature of the work they do, and the dominance they have in the industry--they have a moral responsibility to protect freedom of speech, to protect information.
...

Ripping the ad revenue away from people the way that YouTube is threatening to do with these new terms of service--this has a chilling effect on freedom of speech.
...

What YouTube is trying to do, is turn it into the Disney Channel. So, if you want to talk garbage about the Kardassians, or Paris Hilton, or if you want to, you know, review the latest Avengers movie, that stuff's all okay. But as soon as you want to have an actual conversation...it's turning into the corporate world. The corporation is taking over the entire world. These speech guidelines that you're expected to obey at work are becoming the standards for everyone everywhere.

Just hearing him speak on the matter leaves a chilling effect upon yours truly.  You know, sometimes I toss around the idea of starting my own little forum.  Just for kicks.  My own little Toxic Trad forum, full of little Toxic Trads like myself who can have big scary conversations about those frightful topics that get you banned from other "happy fun clubs."  However, I wonder how long I will even be allowed to continue this ongoing blog on Blogger--owned by Google, might I add--before the megacorp comes along and tells me that I am stating hate speech. Because, if you haven't been paying attention lately, Christianity is becoming transformed into hate speech, and this is a modern family nowadays:


Clearly, these men should adopt a little boy.

But it is not just Davis Aurini who's serving as a regular Paul Revere against corporate groupthink.  An amazing development occurred just a week later.  Matt Drudge demonstrated his support for Alex Jones' show, Infowars, by spontaneously dropping in to Jones' studio to discuss the impending constriction of our Internet freedom.  

There, on Inforwars, Drudge warned how copyright laws are coalescing to ban independent media outlets on the internet. He warned to stop operating in the playground of Facebook, Twitter, and other corporate domains. He recounted a chilling moment when he was confronted by a Supreme Court judge:
I had a Supreme Court Justice tell me to my face it’s over for me. 'It's over for you. They’ve got the votes now to enforce copyright law, you’re out of there. They’re going to make it so you can’t even use headlines.' To have a Supreme Court Justice say to my face--that it’s over--they’ve got the votes, which means time is limited.

"That will end (it) for me – fine – I’ve had a hell of a run."

So, imagine a world where you cannot even visit a news aggregation site. You're left with going back to CNN, MSNBC, or FoxNews. Did you like that in the 90s? How about getting your news in a controlled fashion off of Facebook feeds or official Salon tweets? It is getting to the point where like-minded people who are not liberals will be incapable of discussing current events with each other any longer.

Prepare yourselves, folks. Once the Archons of Evil get their talons around the Internet, this digital wild west "free love" era is over, and you're stuck with whatever the executives feed you.

I suppose that, for this reason--now, more than ever--it would be a great idea to support those media sources that are struggling to maintain their originality, their purity, and their survival. Here, I shall now mention The Remnant. Now, more than ever--during this insane Synod Against the Family that we are all gaping at in horror--the Remnant is needed like no other time in the Church's post-Vatican II springtime winter.

The Remnant is currently struggling. Its cost as a high-ranking website is not offset by income, postage costs for the print edition--which they rightly insist continue--are going up and up, and also The Remnant is a small family operation that is not staffed by employees. At this time in the game, The Remnant should be thriving, not surviving. I would encourage any of you folks passing by my neck of the woods and reading this now to get a subscription to The Remnant, and perhaps give a little extra. These people are fighting the good fight for the West at great personal cost.





8 comments:

  1. And in the meantime, Sauron watches, reads, hears, records and stores all that you do. Some may be at Bluffdale, some at your ISP, some at Google, etc. But, it's all filed away, waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. However, I refuse to be ashamed of Christ. Too many people go through this world with their heads down, afraid of being noticed.

      I do not think our generation of Christians was born with the purpose of hiding away in some safe refuge, taking great care to mummify our lives, and to stow away our faith in some kind of a cryogenic tube. I think that at this time in history, we are meant to expend our energies against the corruption that surrounds us.

      If God makes all things possible, then He made the Internet possible. The net is a tool that we have for this precious short time. It gives the cornered Faithful a chance to talk to each other across great distances like never before. We should use it while we have it.

      Delete
    2. I agree with all that you have said Mr. Hirsch, except that you *seem* to have assumed that I am "ashamed of Christ" or that I "go through this world with (my) head down, afraid of being noticed".
      I conduct my affairs on the Net and in the real world assuming that I will be apprehended at some point for participating in and supporting a hate group and whatever other hate things TPTB may muster against faithful Catholics. Apparently you do too, so perhaps we'll meet up in a FEMA camp some day.

      In the mean time, realistically, whether on the net, some publicly accessible building or parking lot, or via cameras on the road or license plate readers on cop cars, etc., or our own communication systems, we should assume that Sauron is always watching and take comfort in the fact that that is even more true for our Lord.

      Delete
    3. "...perhaps we'll meet up in a FEMA camp some day."

      Ha! You never know, friend! You never know with this lot running the show.

      Delete
  2. The Remnant is my kind of Newspaper.

    It's TRUE CATHOLICISM At Its'Best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to The Club. I am also banned by the NeoCatholics at CMTV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I support Remnant financially but they are as sensitive to the word schism as CMTV is to bad Pope...but this is a great post whoever you are and it is going to get a lot worse even sooner than you think..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure's going to be alot worse, worse then the time of Noah. God Bless You Remnant

    ReplyDelete