Featured Post

Why Catholics Don't Tithe As Much As They Used To

One thing I can clearly recall from my days as a Southern Baptist youth was that people often tithed ten percent or more of their income to ...

Friday, July 29, 2011

New Thundercats

Just when I thought I was going to post about Black Swan, I was reminded instead about the latest new rendition of Thundercats.  It will air tonight for all to see, and all of Generation Y can determine whether or not it's a good fresh look or not. 

Coincidentally, JamesNintendoNerd has decided to chime in on his take of the old series. 



Watching his review makes me long for the old days.  Anymore, a superhero cartoon will feature animation that is somewhat...blocky.  Inorganic.  Cheap and thrown together, almost.  Nothing like the old 1980s cartoons such as Thundercats, G.I. Joe, He-Man, Transformers--the hits.  In fact, one wonders if cartoon animation will ever return to that style of trying to portray characters ever again.  But for now, it seems that we are to choose between Japanese Anime style, and the blocky overexaggerated reduxes thrown onto the canvas over at Cartoon Network. 

As for the new Thundercats series, time will tell if it can stand on its own.

1 comment:

  1. Well, from the looks of the previews XBOX Live has thrown my way, they're going to fail exactly where the original Thundercats did: too much time focused on the kiddie Thundercats. I swear, that's where the original went bad. I bet we have focus groups to thank for that. Oh well, not holdin' mah breath here.

    ReplyDelete